3.21.2012

24 in 24

Update as of 6/15/12:

I thought I'd go ahead and do a little update since it's been about 3 months since the original post :) I've made some headway, but I am nowhere near done!!

Original Post:

So I know I'm a little late to the game, being that my birthday was almost 4 months ago; but, I decided there are some things I want to accomplish by the time I turn 24 and posting them here would give me some accountability! (Side note: 24?!? How did I end up here? I feel like I should maybe be turning 22 soon, but not 24!)


Here is my list of 24 in 24:

  1. Run my first FULL marathon for St. Jude on December 1st, 2012 (the day before I turn 24!). Just signed up as of 6/15, ahhh!!
  2. Run the 3.2 for the 32 in honor of April 16, 2007. Completed 4/16. Duhhhh!
  3. Run another 1/2 marathon, but this time with S. And beat him! Convincing him that running the Cville 1/2 is a great pregame to a UVA tailgate ;)
  4. Find and stay at my happy weight.
  5. Read the whole bible.
  6. Start Jesus Calling.
  7. Graduate for the 2nd time! Walked across the stage 5/12, will be complete in August!
  8. Watch Stuart graduate. Completed 5/20
  9. Help Stuart move and decorate his new place! Moved in 6/3, and I helped 6/8-10
  10. Raise $2,000 for St. Jude.
  11. Help Nicole find her dream wedding dress.
  12. Stop biting my fingernails.
  13. Grow my hair out.
  14. Move out of my parent's house.
  15. Find a job! In the process, I apply constantly!
  16. Go to at least 1 summer concert at the beach.
  17. Complete my field study having learned lots of new skills. In progress and loving it!
  18. Come back to at least 3 Tech home games in the fall. Seats picked out, just waiting for Fall!
  19. Go to Stuart with some UVA games. Bought our tickets, just waiting for Fall!
  20. Go beer tasting at Starr Hill.
  21. Read 10 new books.3/10 (50 Shades Trilogy)
  22. Learn to cook 10 new recipes.
  23. Celebrate my 3rd anniversary with Stuart.
  24. Take a spontaneous road trip.

I hope to post an update on this every month. Some things are time sensitive, and running the full is going to be a HUGE undertaking, but I am already anticipating crossing that off on the night before my birthday. I loved being a part of the St. Jude Marathon weekend last year and I can't picture a better way to spend my birthday than raising money for the kids of St. Jude.


Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Cori H. said...

Those are great goals! Can't wait to hear about your progress!

Charlotte said...

you go girl!! cheering for you!

Claire said...

Summer concert... WITH CLAIRE!!!! What is Jesus Calling??? Enlighten me!

Patty said...

Cheers to St Jude!!!

slagzy said...

St. Jude's is awesome!